I am so excited to share with you all that I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you so much Chocolate Hun for nominating me! I am so, so honored and thankful! You guys should definitely check out her page. I have been following her since I first started my blog and I truly enjoy her posts. I think you all will too! Check her out here.
Chocolate Hun came up with some questions for me to answer. Here’s my best shot at answering them:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I have always kept a personal journal because I like writing creatively. I decided to share some of the thoughts that I have been keeping to myself by starting the blog. It has given me a great project to work on and I have met a lot of nice people in the process.
2. What is your favourite (favorite) thing to eat?
I love avocado! I know it’s sort of random, but a fresh, perfectly ripe avocado just can’t be beat.
3. Where are you from (country)?
4. Other than your home country, where else in the world would you like to live?
I would love to live in France. I have always loved the french culture and language. I majored in french in college and I am currently taking a french class at night to keep up with my skills. I lived in France for one year during my junior year in college and absolutely loved it.
5. Describe yourself in 4 words.
Clumsy. Curious. Funny. Weird.
6. What do you like to do for fun?
I love to go out with friends for dinner or a drink (or both). I love being social, laughing, and having a good time.
7. What is the most charitable thing you’ve ever done thus far in your life?
I made over a hundred sandwiches for a food kitchen. I also just moved in with my boyfriend and donated more than half of my possessions to Goodwill.
8. If you had $1,000,000, what is the first thing you would do or buy?
I would pay off my student loans! Debt is real.
9. Name one adventurous thing you would like to do and why.
I would love to go swimming with sharks. I can’t see myself jumping out of a plane or jumping off a cliff, but I could see myself exploring the ocean.
10. Where would you go as your ideal vacation spot?
I really want to go to Cancun. All the pictures I see of the sun and the ocean make me want to pack my bags right now!
11. What would you say is your greatest achievement thus far in your life?
My greatest achievement has been leaving a job that I hated. It is really hard to walk away from job like that when you are making a lot of money. But I was so miserable. I did not feel good about the work I was doing. I left the job for another job that paid less but gave me more of a work/life balance and a more friendly work environment. I have been in my new job for three years and I am truly loving it. Although I am not making as much money, I know that I made the right choice and I am proud of myself for making the decision to leave my past job even though everyone wanted me to stay.
So that’s it for my part. I want to thank Chocolate Hun again for the nomination. I truly appreciate it. Now it is time for me to pay it forward and come up with my own nominees and questions.
MY Nominees (Drum ROLL please):
So I don’t know if these bloggers are “new,” but I do really like their blogs and I encourage you to check them out too. Besides, they are all new to me! haha! I totally understand if they don’t necessarily respond though, since they may not all be new. Be sure to check out the rules below!
Questions for my nominees
- Where are you from?
- What is your favorite place in the world?
- What were you like as a kid?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- If you could be any person in the world, who would it be?
- What is your proudest accomplishment to date?
- What made you want to start a blog?
- What makes your blog unique?
- Who/What has had the biggest influence on your blogging?
- What skills have you learned in blogging?
- What are you most grateful for so far?
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions they came up with for you to answer
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post or blog